Global Small Molecule Drug Discovery Market Growing at an Exponential Rate (Pre and Post COVID-19 Impact Analysis)
PUNE, MAHARASHTRA, INDIA, April 5, 2022 /EINPresswire.com/ — Growing technological advancement and preference for small molecules, along with rising disease complications, have prompted major players to increase their R&D spending, which is also a major growth driver for the small molecule drug discovery market. However, high drug development costs and stringent drug development regulations are expected to limit the market growth over the forecast period. Small molecule drugs are organic compounds that affect molecular pathways by targeting crucial proteins and have a low molecular weight allowing them to easily enter cells. Small molecule drugs can be created using leads derived from rational drug design or natural resources. Small molecule drugs, which are commonly used drugs, can be taken orally and enter cells to act on intracellular targets. These characteristics make small molecule drugs emerge as a drug development potential, and they become more and more popular in the pharmaceutical market.
Get a sample PDF report with all related charts and graphs (pre and post covid-19 impact analysis): https://www.absolutemarketsinsights.com/request_sample.php?id=1123
Strategic collaboration and partnership in key companies are also expected to drive the growth of the small molecule drug discovery market. In August 2021, Insilico Medicine, a company specializing in end-to-end artificial intelligence for target discovery, small molecule chemistry and clinical development, and Usynova announced a strategic collaboration for the development of new therapies. The agreement will combine the advantages of Insilico Medicine’s AI-based drug discovery platform with Usynova’s experience in developing innovative small molecule drugs to drive the growth of innovative small molecule drugs. The aim is to jointly address essential unmet medical needs for new and demanding targets in cancer and autoimmune diseases.
The novel coronavirus is a previously unknown strain of coronavirus named severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) by the World Health Organization (WHO), and coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) The resulting vaccine has become a global pandemic since its discovery in Wuhan, China in December 2019. Increased research and development activities for vaccine development in the early stages of the pandemic are driving demand for the discovery market small molecule drugs. To reduce the impact of COVID globally, major players are also focusing on small molecules for drug development. Small molecules have consistently enabled medical breakthroughs and addressed unmet medical needs, saving countless lives. Continuous advancement in the pharmaceutical industry creates new market opportunities for industry players.
Speak to our analyst if you have any questions before purchasing this report: https://www.absolutemarketsinsights.com/enquiry_before_buying.php?id=1123
Global small molecule drug discovery market share in 2021, by region
Main conclusions of the report:
• The global small molecule drug discovery market was valued at USD 37,634.21 million in 2021, growing at a CAGR of 10.02% over the forecast period (2022 – 2030).
• Laboratories and research centers are expected to be the fastest growing segment over the forecast period owing to the increase in funding for new drug discovery research. In addition, some institutions and research centers, such as the Therapeutics Discovery Division of the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, which specializes in small molecule therapies and translational biology, and Orionis Biosciences, have announced the launch of the project. Helios in March 2021. It is a research collaboration designed to unlock new drug development opportunities through genome-wide mapping of drug-target interactions. The project will initially focus on developing therapies for unmet needs in oncology, with the possibility of expanding into other therapeutic areas in the future.
• The cardiovascular indication is one of the significant segments of the small drug discovery market. Rising cases of heart disease globally are expected to drive the growth of the segment. Heart disease is one of the leading causes of death in the United States, affecting men, women, and people of different ethnicities. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, one person dies from cardiovascular disease every 36 seconds in the United States, and approximately 659,000 people die from heart disease each year in the United States, or one in four deaths.
• North America led the global small molecule drug discovery market in terms of revenue in 2021. Countries like the United States, Canada, and Mexico have made significant investments in the pharmaceutical sector and are adopting advanced technologies for drug development. Moreover, the presence of key players is contributing to the growth of the market in this region. The United States holds a substantial share of the North American small molecule drug discovery market owing to the availability of state-of-the-art techniques, instruments, and facilities for drug discovery research in the region.
Check out our exclusive press releases at Global Industry News24
Global Small Molecule Drug Discovery Market:
• Validation and identification of targets
• Generation of hits and leads
• Optimization and profiling of leads
• Clinical tests
By Therapeutic Indication
• Mental disorder
• Disorders of the central nervous system (CNS)
By end users
• Pharmaceutical companies
• Laboratories and research centers
• North America (United States, Canada, Mexico, rest of North America)
• Europe (France, United Kingdom, Spain, Germany, Italy, Nordic countries (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Sweden, Norway), Benelux Union (Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg), Rest of Europe
• Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, New Zealand, Australia, South Korea, Southeast Asia (Indonesia, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Rest of Southeast Asia), Rest of Asia Pacific
• Middle East and Africa (Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Egypt, Kuwait, South Africa, Rest of Middle East and Africa)
• Latin America (Brazil, Argentina, rest of Latin America)
Buy the latest in-depth Small Molecule Drug Discovery Market Report: https://www.absolutemarketsinsights.com/checkout?id=1123
Browse more trend reports by Absolute overview of the markets:
Global RNA Targeted Small Molecules Market – https://www.absolutemarketsinsights.com/reports/RNA-Targeted-Small-Molecules-Market-2022-2029-1078
Global Vascular Disrupting Agents (VDA) Market – https://www.absolutemarketsinsights.com/reports/Global-Vascular-Disrupting-Agents-VDAs-Market-2021-2029-1071
Glibal Bioanalytical Testing Services Market – https://www.absolutemarketsinsights.com/reports/Bioanalytical-Testing-Services-Market-2019-2027-496
Absolute Markets Insights helps to provide accurate and recent trends related to consumer demand, consumer behavior, sales and growth opportunities, for a better understanding of the market, thus aiding in design, presentation and forecasting product demands. Our experts provide you with the end products that can deliver transparency, actionable data, a cross-channel deployment program, performance, accurate testing capabilities, and the ability to drive continuous optimization. Starting from in-depth analysis and segregation, we serve our clients to meet their immediate and ongoing research needs. Careful analysis has an impact on important decisions and hence the source of Business Intelligence (BI) plays an important role, which allows us to stay informed about current and upcoming market scenarios.
Absolute overview of the markets